On July 31, 2019 Facebook is going to switch from app-level permission for subscription broadcasts and subscription flows to page specific permission.
If you want to continue to use subscription broadcasts or subscription flows, we highly recommend you apply as soon as possible so you have time to go through Facebook's review process. This must be done for every Facebook page you want to have this permission.
Page admins may access the subscription messaging request form by following the video tutorial or step-by-step guide below:
- Go to Page Settings > Messenger Platform
- Under 'Subscription Messaging' in the 'Advanced Messaging Settings' section, click the 'Request' button.
In the form, the Page admin will be asked to provide the following:
- A sample message and a brief description of how the bot will use subscription messaging.
- A short screencast that shows how people will start a conversation with the bot and examples of subscription messages that the bot will send.
- Which of the three eligible subscription messaging use cases applies to the bot.
- A confirmation that the bot will only send non-promotional content through subscription broadcasts and will abide by all Facebook Platform policies and community standards.
For the category you are eligible for, we recommend choosing News. Give examples of updates you can give to your customers are non-promotional. Examples might be industry trends, blog posts that aren't just about a new product, or similar.
Please let us know if you have any questions. You can also read Facebook's official information on this change. You are still be able to send promotional content through our promotional broadcast feature.