With our click to Messenger ad feature you can create a Facebook ad right from the Octane AI dashboard. The ad will also appear in your Facebook Ads Manager.
This is a specific type of Facebook ad that links the customer to an automated conversation with your brand's Facebook page. The automated conversation you create can range anywhere from collecting an email address in exchange for an offer, to asking a series of questions and recommending a product.
Click to Messenger ads can be made with one of two campaign objectives:
- Messages: a Facebook ad campaign that's optimized to increase messages and engagement with the target audience.
- Conversions: (requires Facebook pixel) an ad campaign that's optimized to deliver leads or purchases.
Creating a click to Messenger ad can be a little different depending on the campaign objective you choose.
Using Messages as your campaign objective
1. Go to Ads
2. If you haven't already, connect your Facebook ads account. You'll notice there are statistics on the Facebook ads page, learn more about what these statistics mean here.
3. Click on the New Click to Messenger Ad button and the ad editor will open:
4. The ad editor will display the required fields to create an ad:
4. Ad Name: This will be the name of the ad in the Octane AI dashboard and in your Facebook Ads Manager.
5. Message: Create the message that will display in Messenger once a person clicks on the ad. This will be the first message they see after they open a conversation with your Facebook page. Successful ads include an initial strong call to action to incentivize the user to continue chatting with your bot. For example, "We are giving away a 20% discount code for today only! Ready to get yours?"
6. Post Image: The image that will be displayed on your ad.
7. Post Text (optional): Add the text that explains to people what you are promoting.
8. Link Headline: Add a headline for the ad.
9. Link Description (optional): Add additional text to emphasize why people should click on your ad.
10. Call to Action: From the dropdown select which call to action button you wish to use for your ad.
An example ad on Facebook showing where each element is placed:
11. Campaign: Create a new campaign or choose an existing one from the campaigns dropdown.
12. Ad set: An ad set is a group of ads (sponsored messages) that share the same budget, schedule, delivery optimization and targeting. You can create a new one or choose an existing one within the dropdown.
13. Set a maximum bid: Use this option if you prefer a stable average cost per optimization event. To get the most value from your budget we recommend you to leave this blank and by default it will be set to the lowest cost.
14. Daily Budget: Set the daily budget for the ad set.
15. Targeted Audience: Choose the target audience from the dropdown: you can select any of your Audience groups you already created in the Facebook Ads Manager.
16. Choose delivery type: By default, click to Messenger ads have standard delivery type (accelerated delivery is off). We recommend leaving it standard to get the most value from your budget. You should turn on accelerated type if you have specific time sensitive campaigns like flash sales, live shows, product launches or if you have a larger budget that you wish to use for running reach and awareness campaigns.
17. Click on the Preview button at the bottom of the editor to check how the message you added will look for your customers once they opt-in from the ad.
18. Click on the "Create" button and your ad is ready to be published within your Ads Manager! 🎉
19. Go to your Facebook Ads Manager. This is where you can preview your ad, publish it live, and add any additional advanced settings within Facebook like updating the audience target etc.
Using Conversions as your campaign objective
- Select Conversions in campaign objectives dropdown
2. Select Conversion objective pixel (note that in order to use Conversions as the objective you have to have a Facebook pixel set up)
3. Select Conversion objective event - to learn more about events and which one you should choose in this article.
All other steps are the same as when creating Messages campaign as.
What is my conversion window?
By default it is set to 7 days click - if you wish to change this you can change it after creating an ad in your Ad Manager.
What type of ads can I set up with a click to Messenger ad?
You can set up basically any type of campaign with a click to Messenger ad: grow your bot followers and drive sales by offering a discount, ask a series of questions and recommend the best products based on their replies, or collect an email addresses in exchange for an offer etc.
Check out this example:
Will people who interact with my ad automatically follow my bot?
Yes, once they click on your ad and start the conversation with your bot they will automatically become a follower of your bot.
Can Octane AI create custom audiences for my Facebook ads?
Once you have connected your ads account, you can create custom audiences from any Octane AI lists. For All Followers list, the custom audience will be created automatically.
For specific lists you want to add you can go into Lists, click the list you want to add, click Edit list and then toggle the option to "Create Facebook custom audience" for that list:
Check out our video tutorial guide on how you can use click to Messenger ads to increase opt-ins and collect emails.