The Octane AI Questions feature is a conversational way to gather customer information in your bot. You can ask for email, phone number, audience-generated content, opinions, polls, surveys, and ideas via your Facebook Messenger bot.
Their answers will be collected in your dashboard and can even be exported to a csv.
There are two ways to use Questions on your bot:
- Send Questions to your Customers as a push notification - in order to send your Questions out to targeted customers in a timing you choose, go to New Campaign>Click on Questions>Go to Ask Questions and fill in Form Questions.
After you created a form you can add specific Targeting. And you can also pre-schedule your Questions when you wish to send it to your customers.
2. Add Questions to your bot's Menu - if you wish to have your Questions displayed in your bot's Main Manu and always be accessible to your customers, you will then add the Questions as the Main Menu item. To do so, go to Settings>Main Menu>Click on New Menu Item, Select Questions.
After you set up Questions, you need to make sure your Questions will look good in Main Menu, by adding Questions Image, Title, and subtitle:
Type of Questions:
1. Text Field - Ask user a question for which they can write their own response.
2. Multiple Choice Field
3. Image Field - you would use this option if you wish to ask your customers to send you a picture
4. Email Field - option to ask customers for their email address.
The user's Facebook email will be prefilled and they can click on that one to confirm or type in a different mail if they wish
If the user starts again the bot will remember their email and ask whether they wish to change it.
5. Phone Field - This lets you ask customers for their phone number. Like email, the customer will be shown a pre-filled reply with the phone number associated with their Facebook account, if they have one.
With this option, you can select whether customers can fill in form once or multiple times.
How do I see the responses?
In order to see your customer responses simply click on the Results icon on Previous updates or in Feature Stats, and you see the overall stats and answers for every customer individually.
After the campaign is over, it's easy to export the data to CSV file.
Want to target by whether or not a customer has given their email or phone number? Here's a video on how to do that