Some Facebook business pages may have access to a new guest mode option.
This allows your customers to interact with your chat widget anonymously without logging into Facebook. After 24 hours, the conversation won't be visible to the customer anymore (although the conversation will be saved on your end as a guest conversation).
This does also mean a guest customer won't be opted in as a subscriber to your bot. You can read more about this beta feature on Facebook's website here.
If you'd like to remove the option from your widget, check out the video or article below:
If you'd like to disable that option, doing so is super simple! You can follow the video above, or read along the guide below.
1. Navigate to your Facebook page's settings.
To begin, navigate to the settings of the Facebook page your bot is connected to.
2. From your settings page, click on the "Messaging" tab.
This will take you to your page's messaging settings where you'll be able to remove the "Continue as Guest" option.
3. Scroll down until you locate the "Add Messenger to your website" section.
This section will be located under Your Messenger URL. Once located, click on the "Get Started" button to pull up some settings for your Messenger chat widget.
4. Click "Next" to move past the intro screen in Facebook's chat widget editor.
5. On the next screen, locate the "Allow people to chat as guest" section on the bottom left.
You'll see an option for "Guest Mode Status". To disable this for your chat widget, simply click on the switch to turn it OFF.
6. Continue through the editor and save your changes.
Continue through the editor by clicking "Next" and save your changes. We recommend leaving the rest of the settings the same, as the rest of your widget can be customized in your Octane AI dashboard.
If this was done successfully, your chat widget will no longer include the "Continue as Guest" option.