Instagram can be a great way to engage with your audience and really put your brand out there. And there are several ways you can bring customers to your Octane AI features like Shop Quizzes and Facebook Messenger Convos.
You can do this with:
Instagram Swipe Up.
Post description and your account bio.
In order to use Instagram Swipe Up to link directly to a URL, you'll need a verified account or have at least 10,000 followers. If you don't have access to Swipe Up links in your Instagram Stories, you can link to an IGTV video from a Story instead.
Check out this guide on how to embed your Shop Quiz to learn how to create a link to your quiz if you haven't already!
Use the table of contents below to choose the step that best applies to you.
Table of Contents
1. Adding a link with Instagram Story Swipe Up
If your Instagram account has at least 10,000 followers, or is a verified account, you'll be able to add custom links into an Instagram Story's Swipe Up call to action.
Accounts that do not meet the pre-requisites for the Swipe Up link feature can still link to IGTV videos instead.
If you have access to Swipe Up links, here's how to add a call to action to your story:
1. Press the + icon in Instagram to add content to your Instagram.
2. Select a Story and create or upload the content you'd like to use.
3. Once you've selected the content you'd like to use, click on the 🔗 icon to add a link.
4. Add your Shop Quiz web link as the Story's call to action.
This is all you need to get set up! Once you've added that Quiz Link, users just have to swipe on your story to access it.
Don't have 10,000 followers or a verified account? Keep reading to see how to link your Story to an IGTV video instead.
2. Adding a link in an IGTV video
You can add links in the description fields of an IGTV video post, which makes the link accessible even when viewing the video in full screen.
Anyone can link an IGTV video in their Instagram Stories, which means if you don't have access to Swipe Up URLs, you can link to an IGTV video that has your call to action instead.
Here's what you'll need to get started:
A video that's at least 60 seconds long.
The link you'd like to use.
An Instagram account.
Once you're ready, move onto the next steps.
2.1. Creating the IGTV video
Before you begin, you'll need a video that's at least 60 seconds long in order to create an IGTV post. Users will have to press in the upper left hand corner to access your link, so you may want to indicate this in the video or audio of the post.
1. Use the + icon while logged into your account on Instagram to add content. Select the IGTV option.
2. Record or upload the video you'd like to use (min. 60 seconds), then save your video choice.
3. Add the link you'd like to use in the Description field of your IGTV video. All of the other options for your IGTV post are optional for this process.
4. That's it! Post the video to complete this step.
2.2. Linking the IGTV video from an Instagram Story
Now that your IGTV post has been made, anyone viewing this video full screen will be able to access the link in the description.
All we have to do now is link this IGTV post in a Story. This doesn't just send this video out to more users, you can feature the story in your profile for easy access.
Luckily, any Instagram account is able to link IGTV videos in a Story.
1. Find your IGTV video and click the share icon in the video.
2. Select "Add video to your story."
3. This will create a Story featuring your IGTV video. Use the 🔗 icon at the top.
4. Add your IGTV video as the Swipe Up link.
5. Publish your Story. Anyone who uses your Story's CTA will be redirected to your IGTV video and use the link you added!
3. Best Practices
Funneling your Instagram audience to your Octane AI features from Instagram opens up a world of opportunities. Here's a few tips from our team before you dive in.
Highlight your Story so that it stays featured on your profile.
By highlighting the Story you created linking to your Shop Quiz or Facebook Messenger convo, you can create a permanent funnel to your Shop Quiz from Instagram.
Stories that aren't highlighted will only be visible for 24 hours.
Make sure your audience knows how to access your call to action.
Whether you're including your link in a Swipe Up or in your IGTV video description, it's important to make sure it's clear to audiences how they can access your link!
You can indicate this with a visual cue for example, or in the video's audio.
Collect Facebook Messenger subscribers with a convo.
Each convo you create in Octane AI can be linked to directly. This includes in your Instagram Stories or IGTV posts!
Funneling Instagram users to your Facebook Messenger bot with a convo link can be a great way to gather subscribers for your bot as well as engaging with your audience in a fun, on-brand way.
If you're new to convos, check out this introduction to convos to get started.
Have any questions? Send us an email at [email protected], or use the support icon in the bottom right corner to chat with our team.