Octane AI enables you to sync your customer emails and information with your Klaviyo account in a few simple steps.
How do I sync my Klaviyo account with Octane AI?
In order to add Klaviyo, go to Apps tab and click on the Connect Klaviyo button:
After which you will see the pop-up to set your Klaviyo preferences:
- Private Key - in order to create the Private key to connect go to Klaviyo account>click on Settings option and select API Keys> Click on Create API Key button. Learn more.
After your unique API Key is displayed, copy and paste it into the private key field on Octane AI.
2. List to sync contacts to - Select which of your Klaviyo lists you wish to add contacts that will be synced from Octane AI. If you leave the "Not selected" option, user profiles will be created but they won't be added to any of your lists.
After you have added your Private Key and selected the list to Sync, click the Save button and you are all set.
When do my contacts sync with Klaviyo?
Your bot followers will be synced with Klaviyo as soon as you have an email for them.
Find out how to collect users emails and other info here: Easily collect customer information by asking Questions
What customers info can I see in Klaviyo?
For users synced from Octane AI you will be able to see following information:
- First Name and Last Name
- Octane: gender
- Location: city, zip code, region/state and country - if you collect that information. Learn how.
- Timezone - displayed in form + or - from GMT
- Phone number - if you collect that information. Learn how.
- Octane AI lists user is on - Learn about Lists They will be added as a custom property called Octane list: @ListName
What events can I see in Klaviyo?
These are Octane AI events you can see in Klaviyo (keep in mind these events will only be sent for people who have given their email within the bot):
- Octane: Delivered Abandoned Cart Message
- Octane: Clicked with Abandoned Cart Message
- Octane: Unsubscribed from Messages about Current Cart
- Octane: Unsubscribed from All Cart Messages
- Octane: Unsubscribed from All Bot Messages
- Octane: Placed Order after Receiving Abandoned Cart Message
- Octane: Subscribed to Shipping Notification
- Octane: Delivered Shipping Notification
- Octane: Subscribed to Abandoned Cart Reminder
- Octane: Delivered Abandoned Cart Reminder
What can I do with those events?
Tracking events is an amazing feature because you can target specific users based on events and send them campaign.
Let's say you wish to update our abandoned cart flow based on whether or not someone engaged with an abandoned cart message in Facebook Messenger. You would do this by going to Flows>Create Abandoned carts flow (if you don't have it already)>and set up your flow to go like this:
*Note that in this particular case when adding Conditional split the configurations should be:
What someone has done (or not done)
Clicked on Abandoned carts Message
At least once
Over all time
This is just one of many possibilities.
You can also create Lists and Segments to send targeted campaigns. For example, you might send an email campaign only to female shoppers:
1. Go to Lists and Segments in your Klaviyo Dashboard
2. Click "Create List/Segment" and choose to create new Segment
3. Add name and segment conditions like this
4. After you set up Segment, you go to Campaigns and create a new campaign where you would choose this Segment
What's the best way to collect emails?
You can easily ask your customers for their email within the bot. One way we highly recommend is setting up a Flow that sends to followers one day after they first follow and asks if they want to sign up for the newsletter. This works really well with a 10% off coupon or something like that.
Here's an example:
For this to work set up a form that asks for email address and send people to that form when they choose "Yes!" or "I love deals" Here's an example of how that form could look
Learn about setting up forms. If you do use this example which references a coupon, simply make sure you have a campaign setup in Klaviyo to send them the coupon once you receive their email.
Is the Klaviyo integration available for everyone?
Currently, Klaviyo integration is available only for Shopify Pro, Shopify Basic and Enterprise plans.