Octane AI has non-quiz pop-ups that can be used to collect opt-ins, or link customers to a custom URL.
Follow this guide to learn how to add a custom button to a pop-up.
Table of Contents
1. Step-by-step Guide
To create a simple pop-up with a button linking to a custom URL, a non-quiz pop-up must be created.
This can be done from Octane AI's pop-ups page.
1. Under welcome or exit intent pop-up, click the "New" button and select a pop-up.
If you use the option "With a discount", you can enter a Shopify discount code that will automatically be applied when someone clicks the pop-up's custom button.
At the moment, this feature is not compatible with unique or dynamic discount codes.
2. Inside of the pop-up editor, select the email opt-in in the left menu to expand it.
3. Once expanded, click "Remove email opt-in".
4. Under "Pop-up states" in the left menu, locate "Submitted button behavior".
5. Select "Go to submitted state and open link in new tab" or "Open a link in the same tab".
6. Customize pop-up settings in the editor and publish the pop-up.
1.1. Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the pop-up to show up more than once?
Inside of the pop-up editor, click "Targeting" in the left menu to bring up settings related to who the pop-up appears to.
How do I link this pop-up to a quiz?
First, the quiz must be added to its own Shopify page. Then, that page can be used as the URL that you insert in the pop-up.
Is this compatible with non-Octane pop-ups?
Having a non-Octane AI pop-up active on the same page as an Octane AI pop-up can create conflicts. The most important once is the possibility for both pop-ups to trigger on top of each other.
We recommend using "Targeting" settings to make sure the pop-up targets pages without non-Octane pop-ups.
Have any questions? Send an email to [email protected]com or use the support chat to speak with our team.